View my previous blog here: http://bazzablog-uk.blogspot.com

I reply to all comments except spam, no matter how old!

Please ignore any email address displayed here! My email is shamp123 AT sky.com


Thursday 21 April 2011

Music Choice (1)


http://www.mystictracks.com/

Just for the hell of it here are five pieces of music I like with You Tube links:

Turn the sound up and try not tapping your feet and getting up and dancing - it can't be done! And for good measure here is a terrific live recording of the same song.

The best of the best!


I really enjoy proper classical guitar music (not flamenco)and this tune has long been a favoutite. This is also known by several other names principally Valse Criollo.


Recorded when she was seventeen, this was the last of her top ten UK hits. They started when she was thirteen years old! For me, she is one of the finest British popular singers of all time and she should have been a world wide star. And if you like it check this out!


Although sung in the original Italian you do not need to understand the words for the emotion to come crashing through. It makes my skin tingle and I think I've got smoke in my eyes.....

12 comments:

klahanie said...

bazza old boy. I say, jolly good selection of music there. Little disappointed you didn't include, 'Yummy,Yummy,Yummy' by those legends of rock, The Ohio Express.

bazza said...

Gary: It was a close thing between "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy" and "Quick Joey Small" so I had to leave them both out!

Kelly said...

You were right about "The Boy With The Arab Strap". It does make you wanna get up and move about. Very lively. And I love that particular Grateful Dead song you recommended. Of course, I don't think there's really any 'Dead' songs I don't like. :) Then, upon my 3rd time back to YouTube, I was surprised to find myself enjoying the guitar work in "Natalia". I didn't think I'd like it but I did. Had a very calming effect and I appreciate Williams' talent. The only selection I didn't like was "Little Miss Lonely" but- to each his own. Again, on that last selection of the Orchestra piece, I was surprised I would like that, too. It was very beautiful. For me, all were great but one. Thanks for sharing the links, bazza. Enjoy your day.

bazza said...

Thanks for taking the time Kelly. I'm not exactly recommending this stuff so much as saying that I like it. It makes it worthwhile if someone likes a piece thay didn't know before and I am pleased you found that to be the case.

Anonymous said...

The tone-deaf and ever-so-slightly-inebriated Sir Tom Eagerly says:
I say Bazza, did you know that an arab strap is a device for treating erectile dysfunction?
Can't remember why I know that.....

bazza said...

Sir Tom: Does the term Brewer's Droop mean anything to you, I wonder?

Ellena said...

WOW - Nabucco -goosepimpels - always gets under my skin and,
I also enjoy reading the comments here.

bazza said...

Ellena: The commentors are often better than the posts!

THE SNEE said...

HI Bazza,

Have I missed many posts? Between holiday travel, and a nasty respiratory bug, I feel completely out of it.

Your choice of music is delicious to the ears, and as always you've expanded my horizons again. I especially loved the Boy with the Arab Strap, and have a soft spot for classical guitar. Thank you for that Bazza. What a treat!

bazza said...

Snee: Sorry to hear that you've been unwell. My last post was a week ago and you were there.
Welcome home from your travels, assuming you are home.
Classical guitar is something else we have in common!

joanne said...

oh, nice mix... i like all of these!

and since i see a "1" in the post title, I'm hoping the music is going to be a regular feature like the art... you do have a knack for opening horizons :)

bazza said...

Yes joanne this will be an irregular feature, not too frequent. I'm glad that you like the music. I think blogging is about seeing beyond far and new horizons!