- I have just returned from a brief vacation to Brussels with three friends.
- Brussels is the capital of the European Union.
- Brussels is jam-packed with beer-cafes, pubs, bars, restaurants etc etc.
- In Belgium they make up to five-hundred different bottled beers.
- My friends and I have been making this pilgrimage for twenty-one straight years now.
- My head hurts.
View my previous blog here: http://bazzablog-uk.blogspot.com
I reply to all comments except spam, no matter how old!
Please ignore any email address displayed here! My email is shamp123ATsky.com Gmail has persistently ignored my request change it even though it belongs to a minor.
Sunday, 29 May 2011
Thursday, 19 May 2011
This post is mainly a sumptuous visual feast!
Wednesday, 11 May 2011
Uniquely this time my quiz is not about literature or art but instead, a range of new topics:
Q1: Apart from being the plural of 'utopia' what is Utopias?
Q2: Lloyds of London, the financial institution, was founded in 1688 by Edward Lloyd as..... what?
Q3: What is the strongest muscle in the human body, relative to it's size?
Q4: Which modern English word derives from the old Persian phrase. "Shah mat", which means "the King is dead"?
Answers to follow after a few guesses have been made!
Thursday, 5 May 2011
The painting below, left, is clearly referencing female gentalia - this is not accidental.(Image removed, not by me July 2011)
She was of the school of American Realism so any feelings of abstraction can only be hinted at.
She died at the age of 98 in 1986 and is one of the major figures of American 20th century art.