Regular readers of this Blog will be aware that I don't write much personal stuff. The only reason this is so is because I don't really think anyone would be interested but I really enjoy reading other people's writing about themselves in many cases. However, when my grandson had cancer at the age of five in 2010. I found it helpful to talk about and was really buoyed by the tremendous support from my Blogging friends.
|My daughter Laura with Sonny in 2011|
|Sonny, now 9 and fully recovered (with his sister Lois, 6)|
- All the remarkable staff at Great Ormond Street Hospital, the world's leading children's hospital in London.
- The staff and classmates at Sonny's School, Ilford Jewish Primary School, who took Lois, then aged 3 under their wing.
- All of our family and friends who gave love, support and cooked food at that time.
- The amazing 368 people across the world who joined the 'Supporting Sonny' Facebook page.
- All the Bloggers who joined the group and gave valuable support via this Blog.
- The generous charities who gave, and still give, unquestioning support.
- ....and Sonny himself who is a kind, very bright, loving and caring boy who is wise beyond his years.