- Japanese research has concluded that moderate drinking can boost IQ levels.
- The fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth is called Arachibutyrophobia.
- Macadamia nuts are not sold in their shells because it takes 300 pounds per square inch of pressure to break the shell.
- Florida: An elephant tied to a parking meter must pay the regular parking fee.
- In Samoa, it is illegal to forget your wife's birthday.
- In Alabama it is illegal to stab yourself to gain someone's pity.
- In the UK it is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
- London taxis (black cabs) must carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats.
- Descendants of Sweeney Todd, the cannibalistic barber, founded a sausage factory in Somerset, England after the First World War.
- The word "queue" is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are removed.
- Queen Elizabeth Ist regarded herself as a paragon of cleanliness. She declared that she bathed once every three months, whether she needed it or not.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
Wednesday, 20 May 2020
Here is a list of seemingly looney facts. Can you spot the one that 's not true?
I'm listening to Dion & The Belmonts singing Ruby Baby, one of the all-time great rock and roll songs. Listen here.