|Candlelight Cottage, Thomas Kinkade|
- Art, objects, or design considered to be in poor taste because of excessive garishness or sentimentality, but appreciated in an ironic way.
- Kitsch is a form of art that is considered an inferior, tasteless copy of an extant style of art or a worthless imitation of art of recognized value.
- Sentimentality or vulgar, often pretentious bad taste, especially in the arts.
- Tawdry, vulgarized, or pretentious art, literature, etc., usually with popular or sentimental appeal
- Low art posing as high art.
It is not my intention to offend anyone!
I am not saying Kinkade lacks technical ability but that alone would make him suitable to be an illustrator - not an artist. Common elements of his pictures include:
- Garish loud colours.
- Buildings intensely lit from inside.
- And never, ever, any people in his landscapes.
Not me, I'm afraid.