View my previous blog here: http://bazzablog-uk.blogspot.com

I reply to all comments except spam, no matter how old!

Please ignore any email address displayed here! My email is shamp123 AT sky.com


Monday 20 February 2023

Some more funnies!

I have always enjoyed laughing in general and puns in particular. Five years ago I was invited to be an administrator on the Tim Vine Joke Appreciation Group on Facebook, which now has 277,000 members! Here are some of the things I have posted in the last few months.😊



I'm listening to Leonard Cohen's Sisters of Mercy. Does a song ever get any more beautiful than this? Listen here.

9 comments:

Hels said...

Oh, the Sisters of Mercy, they are not departed or gone
They were waiting for me when I thought that I just can't go on
And they brought me their comfort and later they brought me this song
Oh, I hope you run into them, you who've been travelling so long

*sigh* poor Leonard was so lonely and functioning so poorly, he was more grateful to the Sisters than to anyone on the planet, I suspect.

NanaDiana said...

LOL- Those are hysterical. I love puns. Always trust a glue salesman. They tend to stick to their word.
Have a great week- Diana

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bazza - in life I can join in ... but here - I completely fail ... what a great group to be a part of - these were/are fun - cheers Hilary

bazza said...

Hels: I did once hear Leonard talking about the origins of Sisters of Mercy. If I remember correctly he had met/picked-up these two girls but he drew a veil over exactly what transpired!

bazza said...

Diana: Ha ha! I could add that one to my collection. You've got to love a good pun!

bazza said...

Hilary: And, in the image of Tim Vine, they are all family-friendly jokes; no smut or swearing!

Parnassus said...

Hi Bazza, I think the first one was my favorite, but I am still trying to figure out the E45 one.
--Jim

bazza said...

Jim: Ah, of course. E45, I'm sure you know is a popular skin medication but, in the UK, a P45 is the document that is given to you by your employer when you leave (or are fired!) for tax purposes.

Lowcarb team member said...

LOL
I enjoyed these, thank you.

All the best Jan