View my previous blog here: http://bazzablog-uk.blogspot.com

I reply to all comments except spam, no matter how old!

Please ignore any email address displayed here! My email is shamp123 AT sky.com


Wednesday 2 December 2020

2020: My Year on Spotify

I have been using the Music App Spotify for about 12 years, even before it was generally available to the public, (through a friend in the music industry). They have just sent me a list of the 100 songs that I played most in the last 12 months. 

At number TEN is Thirteen by Big Star.  Very underrated group featuring Chris Bell. Listen here.

NINE is The Kiss by Judee Sill, Listen here. Fabulous, tragic, artist. Blog post coming.

EIGHT is A Man of Constant Sorrow by Sharon Shannon with Jackson Browne. Listen here. She invited guests on her Galway Girl album.

SEVEN is And Your Bird Can Sing by The Beatles. Listen here.

SIX is It's All Over Now Baby Blue by Bob Dylan. Listen here.

FIVE is City Girls by J J Cale. Listen here. Passed away in 2013.

FOUR is Stormy Weather by Etta James. Listen here. Even beats Ella!

THREE is Memphis by Faces. Listen here.

TWO is You Ain't Going Nowhere by Bob Dylan. Listen here.

And at NUMBER ONE is Roll on Babe by Ronnie Lane. Listen here.

I have dozens of favourite songs and this list isn't necessarily the top ten just those I have played the most. My next post will be a selection from the remaining 90 tunes!

8 comments:

Parnassus said...

Hello Bazza, I am sure that there is overlap in our music lists, but it is not reflected here! When I collected 78's I made a title index, and the song I owned the most versions of surprised me. I would have guessed something by Stephen Foster, Charmant Oiseau, or even The Carnival of Venice (I have it played on many instruments). However, the number one spot went to Annie Laurie with something like three dozen versions--not really my own favorite, but I guess everyone wanted to record it. Try Melba's version!
--Jim

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I like your taste in music, Barry. I see you have two Bob Dylan songs. I am unfamiliar with, “You Ain’t Going Nowhere” but it was nice to be introducednto it. My favorite of all your songs is the great Etta James belting out Stormy Weather. What a singer she was! My list would include a few Leonard Cohen songs, Eva Cassidy, Sam Cook, and Leon Bridges.

Hels said...

Your top 100 songs will be interesting for you to examine, especially if they just recently sent you the list. Sometimes we surprise ourselves by our changing times and tastes.

Of the names you mentioned, I am blushing a bit to say that I recognise only Bob Dylan and Beatles.

bazza said...

Jim: As I said I wouldn't necessarily pick these as my top ten - it's just what Spotify tells me I played the most. I love to get recommendations about all kinds of music, books and films. So thank you!

bazza said...

Arleen: I do enjoy all of the artistes that you mentioned. Sometimes I prefer cover versions of Leonard Cohen's songs but I do find myself listening to him a lot. I love Eva Cassidy's version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

bazza said...

Hels: I was surprised by the list. So much so that I initially doubted it! However I do rather lazily play ready made lists from my desktop. If you try one new song from that list make it Judee Sill - it's magical.

THE ONLY TRUE HACKER IN THE WORLD ® said...

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works

Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
services, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
®

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bazza - excellent list to read up and to have and I look forward to the next one - I must get on to Spotify sometime ... at one stage I was on it ... then decided I didn't need it ... need to have a rethink - take care and have a peaceful year end. Hilary