View my previous blog here: http://bazzablog-uk.blogspot.com

I reply to all comments except spam, no matter how old!

Please ignore any email address displayed here! My email is shamp123 AT sky.com


Wednesday 23 January 2019

Happy Listening (1)

Image result for listening to music
I don't really know if many readers of this Blog (actually there aren't many anyway!) ever listen to the music I refer to at the end of most of my posts. So, here's a second chance to listen, or listen again, to my first selection of them. Just click on the song title to hear it:
1) Madeleine Peyroux singing Careless Love

2) Bobby Charles singing Small Town Talk

3) Richard and Linda Thompson singing I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight 

4) Jake Thackray singing (live) Lah Di Dah

5) John Williams playing Antonio Lauro's Valse Creolo (aka Vals Criollo)

6) Wibert Harrison's original recording of Let's Stick Together

7) The cast of Hair singing What a Piece of Work is Man based on a speech in Hamlet

8) Steve Goodman singing The Dutchman

9) Kiki Dee singing Amoureuse

10) Jerry Jeff Walker's original recording of his song Mr Bojangles


14 comments:

Parnassus said...

Hi Bazza, My computer is old, and playing audio or video seems to overwhelm it, so I seldom even try when doing work or reading a blog. I do like that fact that you give accompanying suggestions. If I know the music I can just think of it, and if it is not my thing, that's ok because variety of opinion is what makes the world spin. On the other hand, I love recommendations--a gentle way to get introduced to new things!
--Jim

bazza said...

Jim: Yes, I feel the same way about books. In a book club you end up reading what someone else has suggested. Maybe I will start adding "What I'm Reading Now" at the end of my posts!

Hels said...

The only music I recognised was Jerry Jeff's song Mr Bojangles. I still get goose bumps now :)

Sherry Ellis said...

Most of those songs I have never heard of. Thanks for giving us a chance to listen to them.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I have very similar taste in music as you do, Bazza, and enjoy the music that you feature in your posts.

bazza said...

Hels: That's the only version of that song that I like!

bazza said...

Sherry: You're probably far too young!

bazza said...

Arleen: Yes I think it's, shall we say, the era in which we grew up!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

No surprise, but I like your choice in music, too. A lot of the stuff you feature I'm already familiar with, but the stuff that's new... I like that, too!

bazza said...

Susan:As with Arleen, above, I suspect it's a generational thing. I enjoy recommendations and seeing other people's choices. That's how I have discovered new ideas and people!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bazza - having made the hop back home ... I'm catching up - I'll be back to listen to them ... though the book idea is quite a good one. I got into a good book club over on Vancouver Island ... but can't find similar here - except one in the next town west but they're full ... still they've given me a listing to get stuck into - maybe that's the best way ... trouble is I need to read!!! Cheers and have a good year ahead - Hilary

bazza said...

Hilary: When I asked at my local library if there were any local book clubs, there were six - all of them women only! However the Redbridge U3A has several book clubs and that might be a good place to start. What was it about the Vancouver one that made it special for you?

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bazza - yes I'm back ... as mentioned in my email - which I hope you got.

The Vancouver Island one had a number of educated women - whom I'd liked to have learnt from ... I just didn't want to read novels ... I wanted the educational, informed interest I got with them. Also I got the American/Canadian overtones - which taught me a whole lot about that part of the world.

There's a group in Seaford - but it's full ... still Alan has given me his list of books that he recommends reading ... and I've just found another lady here in Eastbourne - so need to ask her. I probably have more going on than I need for now - but I'll keep my eyes open ... and I have asked the library ...

Thanks for the thoughts - cheers Hilary

bazza said...

Just looked at the email and replied!