View my previous blog here: http://bazzablog-uk.blogspot.com

I reply to all comments except spam, no matter how old!

Please ignore any email address displayed here! My email is shamp123 AT sky.com


Thursday 22 July 2010

Bruay-La Buisierre, France

I spent last weekend at the home of friend who has owned a house in the north of France for around seven years. Nine of us have just spent several days there staying in the little house in Bruay. We had a non-stop three day barbecue and drank the town dry of champagne.
It's in the so-called 'poorer' part of France; the far North. The countryside is beautiful and the people are charming and very friendly, unlike Paris!
TOP: The Chateau d'Olhain near Bruay - not where we stayed!
ABOVE: The Hotel de Ville (Town Hall/City Hall)

7 comments:

Sir Tom Eagerly said...

Well Bazza if you ran out of champers you wouldn't have had far to go to collect it from the source.
Yoo know Lady Eagerly used to drink a lot of booze but she kept loosing her knickers so she had to go you see.
Bottoms up!

klahanie said...

Hello bazza,
Let me see if I can balance out the comments a little bit.
That looks like a very nice location you stayed in over there in the north of France. Glad that all of you had a delightful time with your 72 hour barbecue and your over exuberance in the guzzling of champagne.
I have memories of France and Carcassonne. Those public toilets....oh my goodness...
Bottoms down!

Kelly said...

Sounds like you had a great time with your friends. That castle looks cool. I'd like to see and go inside a castle some day. Good to hear you indulged in food and drink and had fun.

Kelly said...

Sounds like you had a great time with your friends. That castle looks cool. I'd like to see and go inside a castle some day. Good to hear you indulged in food and drink and had fun.

bazza said...

Ah, Sir Tom, never one to let good taste get in the way of a laugh!
Cheers.

Gary: I haven't seen that type of ourdoor toilet for some time in France.... but I did see an ultramodern version in Belgium recently.

Kelly: Such a good post you said it twice! Castles (or chateaux if in France) are literally cool places inside being mostly made of stone.

Andreea said...

hello buzza - glad to discover your blog :)
was unaware of this place in FR will have to give it a try. as it is part of the 'great north' and all.

bazza said...

Andreea: I will be back to see your blog when you restart with the beers. Mmmm, I think I will take a St.Feuillien blonde from the fridge and drink while I'm blogging. Cheers! Thanks for visiting, please come again.