View my previous blog here: http://bazzablog-uk.blogspot.com

I reply to all comments except spam, no matter how old!

Please ignore any email address displayed here! My email is shamp123 AT sky.com


Saturday 27 February 2010

Quiz Question (3)

A two part question this time. Both of the answers are titles of well known books.
1) Who was Oliver Mellors?
2) Who was Sarah Woodruff?

I will post the answer in the 'comments' in a few days. There are no prizes, merely the glory of being first to answer correctly.
And to make it ridiculously easy there are two photo clues.

6 comments:

Alicia said...

My illiteracy is showing; I had to google both people.

An excellent pairing!

bazza said...

Hello Alicia, I appreciate your honesty! I would like to see whether anyone knows the answer.
Good fun though, isn't it?

Bob said...

I seem to remember Mellors was the gamekeeper in the novel Lady Chatterley.

I don't know Sarah Woodruff though.

bazza said...

Bob: I coudn't possibly comment at this stage!

David said...

Dear Bazza,
At the risk of coming over like a terrible know-it-all, I think I know the answer to both of these questions-
Mellors was definitely the randy gamekeeper in D.H.Lawrence's "Lady Chatterley's Lover" and Sarah Woodruff was the eponymous "French Lieutenant's Woman" in John Fowles' novel.
Do I get a prize?
Yours with Very Best Wishes,
David.
P.S. Thanks for coming over and reading my blog. Glad that you enjoyed it.

bazza said...

Hello David. No prize I'm afraid but you do get the glory!
As Alicia said (above), aren't they an excelent pairing?