"Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Colonel Aureliano Buendia was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice."
Gabriel Garcia Marquez: "One Hundred Years of Solitude"
I reply to all comments except spam, no matter how old!
Tuesday, 4 August 2015
Famous Last Lines Quiz
I haven't set a quiz for a while so try this one!
Name the famous novels whose last lines are listed here.
If you don't know the answers take a crazy guess!
THE ANSWERS ARE NOW POSTED IN THE COMMENTS!
1) He would be there all night, and he would be there when Jem waked up in the morning.
2) It's funny. Don’t ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.
3) It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."
4) I'm so glad to be at home again!
5) He was soon borne away by the waves and lost in darkness and distance. 6) He turned away to give them time to pull themselves together; and waited, allowing his eyes to rest on the trim cruiser in the distance. Listening to Carole King's original version of I Wasn't Born to Follow This was recorded by The Byrds and featured in Easy Rider but Carole composed it.