View my previous blog here: http://bazzablog-uk.blogspot.com

I reply to all comments except spam, no matter how old!

Please ignore any email address displayed here! My email is shamp123 AT sky.com


Monday 23 October 2017

Painting of the Month (75) October 2017: Bazza

I am amazed to realise that this my 75th Painting of the Month. I posted the first one in February 2010 and have published one most months since then. 
OK, this isn't exactly a painting in the usual sense but I had some fun making it by copying from a photo using the Microsoft Paint programme. It's very time consuming but it's something I enjoy doing. I am about to get my new computer so I have been dredging through my Documents folder looking for things to delete and came across this from a couple of years ago. And now, you lucky people, I decided to share it. Vermeer or whoever, will just have to wait until next month! Below I have shown a couple of earlier efforts from when I was still trying to get the hang of it.
I would to mention that I have had some some technical trouble posting on some Blogs but I always read them and should be back to normal shortly.

8 comments:

Parnassus said...

Hello Bazza, Your bright and cheery arrangement is just what we need for these first few gloomy and colder days of the year. Taiwan does not get real seasons, but yesterday the temperature suddenly dropped ten degrees, so I really feel the difference.
--Jim

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bazza - love the look of this - well done on mastering the Paint programme - must be fascinating to work with ... enjoy the new computer when it comes along ... cheers Hilary

bazza said...

Jim: I would suppose that winter in Taiwan is like Summer in the UK! I think I must have subconsciously thought this picture looked cheerful and decided to use it.

bazza said...

Hilary: I'm hoping to pick up my new system later today so I may be off-line for a day or two - not sure how smoothly it will go.
I have just seen that Paint has updated itself by adding '3D Paint'. Look's like it's back to the drawing board.

Hels said...

Vermeer or whoever? 😊... My much loved Vermeer waits for no-one !

bazza said...

Hels: Oh dear, sorry about that! I will have to do due justice to Vermeer (or even whoever) next time.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Your creations may not be "paintings" in the strictest definition of the word, but they're lovely, nonetheless. They're cheerful and pleasant to look at and you had fun creating them. Sounds like art to me!

Good luck with your new computer. :)

bazza said...

Thanks Susan. This is one of the first comments I have made on the new set-up. (I got a local shop to build my new PC for double the spec and half the price of my last Dell). I have been unable to comment on many Blogs so thankfully I have, at last, been able to comment on your fabulous Blog!