View my previous blog here: http://bazzablog-uk.blogspot.com

I reply to all comments except spam, no matter how old!

Please ignore any email address displayed here! My email is shamp123 AT sky.com


Wednesday 21 February 2018

New Portraits Quiz

Can you name the twelve subjects in these portraits? It's a real mix - many of the subjects have a name more famous than their face.  Five of them are famous primarily for their writing, three are famous for science and there are two singers. Some of them are not shown as they usually are seen. Six of the twelve are European. Answers in a week.
Have a go; no one will get them all!
I'm listening to the rough and raw original version of Let's Stick Together by Wilbert Harrison, recorded in his garage. It needs to be played loud! Click here.
There are some excellent cover versions by Bryan Ferry, Canned Heat, KT Tunstall and Bob Dylan but I like this one best.
Incidentally Harrison re-recorded it later as Let's Work Together - not nearly as good as the first version... Canned Heat also used that title.

13 comments:

Parnassus said...

Hello Bazza, Well, for a start, #1 is Rosa Parks and #4 is Marie Curie. Several of the others look intensely familiar--I will have to let them sink in a bit and then guess again.
--Jim

Hels said...

I got #4 and #5 immediately.... I will have a think overnight about a couple of others.

bazza said...

Jim & Hels: I wait with anticipation to hear what other names you come up with but I won't give the answers until next week! I'm such a tease sometimes.....

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

#5 and #10 are contemporary so I got them and Parnassus gave me two others. I have an idea of one other, so I will check on that.

bazza said...

Arleen: you are obviously young at heart! Feel free to return with more guesses. No comment for now.....

Anonymous said...

Purely guesses but if I am correct maybe not entirely guesses. #1 Rosa Parks. #9 Mama Cass.

bazza said...

Andrew: At this point I will only say that Mama Cass's real name was Ellen Naomi Cohen and she wasn't black! Have another go!

David said...

Hi bazza,
I'll take a stab at the following:
2. Alan Turing
5. Paul McCartney
8. Neil Diamond
9. Maya Angelou
10. Katy Perry
11. A young Salvador Dali?
12. Brian Cranston?
The rest I'm unsure of.
Very Best Wishes,
David.

bazza said...

Hi David. That's a comprehensive stab but 'no comment' yet!

Sherry Ellis said...

That's a tough one! I'm guessing that: 1. Rosa Parks, 4. Marie Curie, 9. Maya Angelou.

The rest, I'm clueless about. (Even the contemporary female rocker.) It'll be amazing if anybody gets all of these!

bazza said...

Sherry: Personally, I don't enjoy easy quizzes so I presume everyone else feels the same! Check back next week to find out how you did - or have another go.....

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

I'm usually pretty good at this kind of thing, but I don't have any new names to add that haven't already been identified. (Darn it!)

bazza said...

Susan: I will probably put everyone out of their misery on Tuesday! Try not to lose sleep.....